Education & Awards
Awards, scholarships and merit-based organisations:
- Downbeat Student Music Award: UNT Two O’Clock Lab Band member (2012-2013) – Best University Large Jazz Ensemble (graduate-level winner, 2014).
- Downbeat Student Music Award: Juan Chaves Big Band member – Best University Latin Group (graduate-level winner, 2014).
- Pi Kappa Lambda Music Honor Society – www.pikappalambda.org (member since 2014).
- ANU Staff Development Scholarship – full subsidy towards Graduate Certificate in Management (2011).
- Big Brother Movement (BBM) Scholarship – funding towards further study with Tommy Smith and Gilad Atzmon as well as professional experience in the United Kingdom (2006).
- Australian National University (ANU) University Medalist – exceptionally high achievement in music (2005).
- ANU Peter and Lena Karmel Anniversary Award – awarded to the highest achieving graduate of their year at the ANU School of Music (2005).
- Golden Key International Honors Society – www.goldenkey.org (member since 2003).
- Burgmann College Academic Achievement Award for Music (2002).
Formal education (post-secondary):
- 2014: Master of Music in Jazz Studies (Performance), University of North Texas College of Music, under the tutelage of Prof. Bradford Leali.
- 2012: Graduate Certificate in Management, Australian National University College of Business and Economics.
- 2005: Bachelor of Music in Jazz Performance (Saxophone) with First Class Honors, Australian National University School of Music, under the tutelage of Mr. John Mackey.
- 2006-2014: music study with internationally renowned artists: Tommy Smith (2006, UK), Gilad Atzmon (2006-7, UK), Barry Harris (2007, UK), Paul Wertico (2007, Ireland), Mornington Lockett (2009, UK), Jamie Oehlers (2010, Australia), Rich Perry (2012, USA), Dan Higgins (2014, USA), Bob Sheppard (2014, USA).
- 2010: Professional development course Foundations of University Teaching and Learning, Centre for Educational Development & Academic Methods, Australian National University.
- 2007: Attendance at international jazz forum/summer school Sligo Jazz Project (Ireland).
- 2006: Attendance at international jazz forum/summer school Global Music Foundation (Italy).